Using the principles of 'value innovation' and the teconstructionist view' that you have learnt, this assessment requires you to develop a blue ocean strategy for a new company in one of the following industries:
• Commercial Air Travel
• Cruise Shipping
• Food Service
• Household Broadband
• Household Cyber Security
• Household Energy Supply
• Household Water Supply
• Media Streaming
• Passenger Rail Travel
• Passenger Taxi
• Petrol Station
• Residential Construction
• Retail (online or brick and mortar)
• Television Broadcasting
• Theatre and Performing Arts
• Video Games
Note: Industries excluded from this list may be approved with the consent of your tutor.
Your new company will be referred to as 'Project X'. The presentation of your work should follow this structure and format:
1. Cover Page.
2. Table of Contents.
3. Introduction: An overview of the country context, main players, customer profile and market size of your chosen industry (51%, 300 words].
4. Current Strategy Canvas of the chosen industry: Provide a screenshot using the template provided by your tutor. This should be accompanied by a detailed explanation of the current competitive factors (a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 10) [10%, 500 words]..
5. Four Actions Analysis: Using the 'Four Actions Framework', craft a new strategy canvas for the industry by focusing on (1) Elimination (competitive factors the industry takes for granted). (2) Reduction (competitive factors that should be reduced well below the industry standard), (3) Raising (competitive factors that should be increased well above the industry standard) and (4) Creation (introducing new competitive factors that the industry has never offered) [20%.1, 200 words].
6. New Strategy Canvas for Project X: Provide a screenshot using the template provided by your tutor. This should be accompanied by a detailed explanation of the new competitive factors (a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 10) [15%, 1,000 words].
7. Commercial Viability: Description of the (1) Focus, (2) Divergence and (3) Compelling Tagline for Project X [10%, 400 words].
8. Value Chain for Project X: Description of the primary and supporting operations needed to implement the blue ocean strategy for Project X (using the template provided by your tutor) [15%. 1,000 words].
9. Conclusion: Summary of the highlights of the report [5%, 200 words].
Attachment:- Report Template.rar