COMP 30021.1 Database Administration - Middle East College
Learning Outcome 1: Manage database instances and database storage
Learning Outcome 2: Work with Distributed Databases
Learning Outcome 3: Manage database network (client/ server) connections using Database Net Services
The objective is to enable the student to work on a relational database server and involve in creating, securing and maintaining of objects needed for databases. Hence, student's ability to think and engage with the topic is tested.
1) Task 1 - Submit a work proposal for this assignment on or before 03/05/2020 (23:59) which must include:
• An Understanding of deliverables - a detail description of deliverables.
• A General overview of proposed plan.
• References and resources needed for completion of the given tasks.
The work proposal must be submitted in a word file through the link available in Moodle.
2) Task 2 - SQL/XML is an extension to the SQL standard that specifies SQL-based extensions for using XML in conjunction with SQL,
a. Explore XMLElement() to Generate Nested XML Document with appropriate code and explanation.
b. Explore XMLElement() to Generate XML document containing an elements with its attribute on some specific condition with appropriate code and explanation.
• Please ensure that the names of all table, elements, attributes must have your student ID at the end like Order_17F1234.
3) Task 3- Write a detailed reflection on "Comparison of NoSQL and SQL Databases in the Cloud". You can include some more resources for building up your reflection. The web link to a research paper "Comparison of NoSQL and SQL Databases in the Cloud" is given in the college Moodle web page
4) Task 4 - "A flashback query is used to retrieve the committed data as it was at a past point in time". Demonstrate this feature with proper code and explanation in your own words not exceeding 500 words.
Attachment:- Database Administration.rar