GSP6032 Innovation and Entrepreneurship - Gulf College
Aim: This module is designed to develop the way students interpret information. In today's fast- moving environment, knowledge management and innovative problem solving techniques are needed within all organisations large and small both national and international. This module will include development into the world of innovation, change management and entrepreneurship to challenge the student to pull together critical concepts of process improvement, e-commerce and innovation. The aim of this module is to provide students with an insight into the nature, purpose and practice of Innovation and Entrepreneurship within a context of swift and dynamic change in national and global economies.
Learning Outcome 1: Evaluate the main theoretical principles which underpin the study of Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
Learning Outcome 2: Critically analyse the linkages between innovation and entrepreneurship within a variety of profit and not of profit organisations.
Learning Outcome 3: Critically evaluate the variety of entrepreneurial processes relating to new business creation, within larger firms (intra-preneurship), control procedures and exit strategies.
Learning Outcome 4: Evaluate the concept of entrepreneurial strategy.
Learning Outcome 5: Analyse the relationship between Entrepreneurship and the wider environment, including government policy.
This Coursework (Individual Assignment) comprises 50% of the total assessments marks. It contains one component of business plan report. These will develop the following skills:
• Analytical skills. The reflection report enables the students to analyse and evaluate the benefits of the different activities done in the class. This skill will eventually help them evaluate options necessary to make decisions in the workplace.
• Reading and Writing skills. The report is a kind of academic work that requires independent research on the given topic/s. This focuses on the learning skills related to the search and comprehension of the required information and collecting suitable reading sources that will come up clear and organised ideas.
In addition, the assessment will test the following learning outcomes:
• Evaluate the main theoretical principles which underpin the study of Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
• Critically analyse the linkages between innovation and entrepreneurship within a variety of companies.
• Critically evaluate the variety of entrepreneurial processes relating to new business creation, within larger firms (intra-preneurship), control procedures and exit strategies.
• Evaluate the concept of entrepreneurial strategy.
• Analyse the relationship between Entrepreneurship and the wider environment, including government policy.
"Innovation, as a concept, refers to the process that an individual or organization undertakes to conceptualise brand new products, processes, and ideas, or to approach existing products, processes, and ideas in new ways" (Purcell, 2019).
In light of the statement mentioned above, you are asked to prepare a 2000 words business plan of an innovative business idea that should be applied in the Omani market. The business plan should be prepared in the form of a report. The maximum amount of used capital should not exceed 100,000 OMR. The business idea should be innovative and creative. At the end of the report, you are asked to reflect the contribution of your business on the growth of the Omani economy.
The report will be submitted on Turnitin within prescribed time period. The structure of the report includes:
a. Details of the project (500 words)
Clear and logical description of your innovative business idea, the added values to the customers and your own organisation as well.
b. Objectives of the project (100 words)
You need to write at least 3 SMART objectives
c. Project planning (800 words)
This part will cover the
• Marketing plan
• Financial plan
• Operational plan
• Organisational plan
d. Economic impact (300 words)
Detailed description of the contribution of your business on the growth of the Omani economy.
e. Personal Reflection (300 words)
Clear description of the gained lessons and benefits from conducting this business plan.
Reference (at least 8 References as per Harvard referencing style)
Attachment:- Innovation and Entrepreneurship.rar