Each person will select a person that has contributed to the field of management theory or select a management concept and complete the following requirements.
For your selected person or concept:
1. Who is your person or concept?
2. Summarize the main points of the contribution or what they are known for?
3. Your reaction- do you agree or disagree with their work and ideas?
4. Application: how would you use this as a manager?
5. Use at least three to four scholarly references other than the textbook.
Each student will conduct a 3-4 minute narrated PowerPoint presentation that includes speaker notes. The PowerPoint presentation should consist of 4-5 slides not including the title slide and reference slide.
The PowerPoint presentation will include the following:
1. Title and reference slide
2. Who is your person or concept?
3. Summarize the main points of the contribution or what they are known for
4. Your reaction: Do you agree or disagree?
5. Application: How would you use this as a manager?
6. References (at least 3 other than textbook)
Select a person from the following list:
1. Douglas McGregor
2. Daniel Pink
3. Rosabeth Kanter
4. Malcolm Gladwell
5. Peter Drucker
6. Abraham Maslow
7. Ran Charon
8. John Kotter
9. Edward Deming
10. Daniel Goleman
11. Alfred Sloan
12. Hans Selye
13. David McClelland
14. John Holland
15. Chris Argyris
16. Seth Godwin
17. Marshall Goldsmith
18. Edward M. Hallowell
19. Jim Loehr
20. Peter Senge
21. Margaret Wheatley
22. Ed Lawler
23. Edgar Schein
24. Deborah Tannen
25. Tony Schwartz