A local retail business selling products to age group of 16 - 30 years is thinking of going online and developing an e-Commerce strategy. They require some advice as to how other organisations use e-Commerce so that they can make an informed decision.
They need you to describe the technologies required for an e-commerce system and to explain to them:
- the impact of e-Commerce on an organisation
- the risks of e-Commerce on an organisation
- any regulations governing e-Commerce
- the social implications of e-Commerce on society
The business would like you to plan an e-Commerce strategy for them.
Task 1: E-commerce?
You must research how at least 3 different types of organisations (e.g. retail, entertainment, service, education) use e-Commerce and feedback to the client on the:
- technologies required to support an e-Commerce system
- impact of introducing an e-Commerce system
- potential risks to an organisation of using an e-Commerce system
- different regulations that govern e-Commerce
- social implications of e-Commerce on society This could be evidenced as a report.
Task 2: Planning E-commerce Strategy
You need to create an e-Commerce strategy for the retail business to include the core considerations for structure, hosting and advertising.
This could be evidenced as a report.
This assessment is designed to assess students' ability to:
• Produce a concise critique of academic literature
• Demonstrate systematic understanding of the core concepts of business models and critical awareness of factors which give rise to the need for a more strategic approach to the models
• Conduct a critical appraisal of the organizational examples in relation to their business environment and apply the strategic concepts (tools and techniques) towards developing and formulating in-depth analysis of situations that will generate effective internet decisions and strategies
• Apply a disciplined approach to the analysis of e-commerce models and their solutions in terms of appropriate strategy development
• Assess a range of contemporary developments in e-commerce and the application
• Draw appropriate conclusions to e-commerce -based issues in a creative manner
• Use of CU Harvard referencing style to cite and reference academic sources
• State the number of words used at the end of the assignment. You may include diagrams, figures, appendices etc.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS & MARKS DISTRIBUTION
The mark allocation for the assignment will be as follows: Proposal Submission:
Submit a work proposal for this assignment by the end of week 6th, which must include:
- Understanding of deliverables - a detail description of deliverables.
- General overview of proposed plan - initial understanding of solution to all tasks.
- Resources identified.
Expectation: 1. Discuss the technologies required for an e-Commerce system.
2. Explain the impact of introducing an e-Commerce system on an organisation?
3. Identify and provide a detailed description of how an organisation can promote their business using e-Commerce.
4. Explain the solutions to the potential risks to an organisation of using e-Commerce.
5. Provide a detailed description of the risks, as well as two preventative methods for each outlined risk.
6. Review and explain the different regulations that govern e-Commerce websites?
Expectation: 1. critically evaluated the e-Commerce strategy.
2. Provide a comprehensive comparison of the benefits and drawbacks to an organization?