Unit Reference - D/615/3241
Learning Outcome 1: Understand the accounting and finance regulatory framework.
Learning Outcome 2: Understanding accounting concepts, principles and theories.
Learning Outcome 3: Be able to prepare and interpret accounting information.
Learning Outcome 4: Be able to demonstrate specific policies, practices and regulations within corporate accounting
Corporate reporting is an area of Accounting and Finance that incorporates Regulatory Framework, Financial Reporting and Ethical considerations.
You are required to choose a Public Limited Company on which to base your assignment. You are advised to check with your tutor that your choice of company is appropriate.
Task 1 - Business Report
Prepare a formal business report, to be presented to the Directors of your chosen company. You must include the following:
1. An explanation of the main sources for regulatory framework, accounting and corporate concepts, principles and theories.
2. An explanation of the impact of the accounting and finance framework on business organisations in general and your chosen company.
3. Explain and assess specific policies, practices and regulations for your business and the business sector it operates within.
4. An assessment of areas of abuse and exploitation in accounting and financial reporting.
5. An assessment of the importance of accounting concepts, principles and theories.
6. An interpretation and assessment of the published accounting information of your chosen company. You should prepare additional accounting information, for example ratios, in your interpretation and assessment.
You should analyse and assess the following financial statements:
a. Income Statement
b. Statement of Financial Position
c. Cash Flow Statements
Attachment:- Corporate Reporting.rar